Required documents for VA & Texas Vet Loans in Austin
In order to obtain a Texas Vet Loan or VA Loan, Veterans and Service Members will need to provide minimal documents to meet the guidelines set by the VA. Below are the documents we will need.
For both a Purchase and a VA Loan Refinance the VA will require a copy of:
- Certificate of Eligibility - we are able to get a copy for you in a matter of minutes from the VA's Automated Certificate of Eligibility (ACE)
- Both Driver's License & Social Security Cards
- Bankruptcy discharge documents (if applicable)
- Divorce Decree (if applicable)
- "Wood Destroying Organism Report"
In addition to those documents listed above:
For a purchase loan (Texas Vet Loan, VA Loan Purchase, Conventional or FHA to VA Loan), a copy of:
- Most recent 30 days’ LES statement or pay stubs (if W-2 income)
- Statement of Service if on active duty or the Veteran’s DD214 if separated from service
- Last 3 months’ bank statements (all accounts, all pages)
- Savings/Mutual fund statements (3 months)
- Previous two years’ Tax Returns, signed & dated (if self-employed)
- Previous two years’ W-2 Forms (if W-2 income)
- Sales Contract
Additional documents for a Texas Vet Loan
The Texas Veterans Land Board has its own documents in addition to the above, that need to be filled out and signed by the Veteran. Here is a link to it:
For a VA Streamline Refinance Loan IRRRL, a copy of:
- Homeowners’ Insurance Policy Declarations Page
- Current Mortgage Statement
- The Current Note
- The Current Deed of Trust
- Settlement Statement (HUD-1)
- The Note, Deed of Trust, Survey and Settlement Statement (HUD-1) should be in the package of documents provided to you by the title company when you closed your current loan
Have questions about VA Loans ???
It doesn't matter if the home your looking to purchase or refinance is in Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, El Paso or Corpus Christi, as long as it is in our great state of Texas, we can help you.
Please give us a call at 210-656-1134, for a No Cost, No Credit Check, and No Obligation consultation and find out how much you qualify for.